OUR MISSION AND HISTORY:
The Tennessee Society of Anesthesiologists is a physician organization, representing anesthesiologists in Tennessee. TSA is dedicated to promoting the highest standards of the profession of anesthesiology and committed to providing the greatest patient safety.
Our Society seeks:
- To promote the highest level of patient safety through promoting the highest standards of anesthesiology.
- To advance the standards of anesthesiology by fostering excellence through continuing medical education, research, and scientific progress.
- To disseminate information in regards to anesthesiology.
- To protect the public against irresponsible and unqualified practitioners of anesthesiology.
- To safeguard the professional interest of its members by serving as an advocate for anesthesiologists and their patients.
The Tennessee Society of Anesthesiologists are physicians who are dedicated to:
- Promoting the highest standards of the profession of anesthesiology,
- Implementing the highest medical standards for patient safety,
- Fostering excellence through continuing medical education, and
- Serving as an advocate for anesthesiologists and their patients.
The physician anesthesiologists in Tennessee have served as advocates for patient safety for decades. Within the state, there are two teaching programs in Tennessee training physician anesthesiologists:
- The University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center
What is a Physician Anesthesiologist?